"We cannot foresee what is most essential. Each of us has experienced the most blazing joys with no forewarning of their coming... What do we know, except that there are mysterious circumstances that make us fruitful? Truth is not in what can be demonstrated."
I finally got to the end of my book by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. That was one of his quotes from his book "Wind, Sand and Stars".
It took me forever to finish it, as it is not at all an easy read as compared to his one hit wonder "The Little Prince" which I could not simply put down.
The quote is apt, however, and it's meaningful to me that I had to endure long poignant paragraphs in order to discover it all the way at page 99.
Great things take effort, musings, strength, attempts at comprehending life, the earth, mechanics, callings, life purpose, and such.
The idea that I could and would feel immense joy at my wedding was a notion so foreign to me. At one point it was incomprehensible to me that throwing a spectacle of an event would equate joy, as someone with no dream of a wedding, and as someone who hates planning with a passion.
Yet, that was what it was.
On 30 September 2023, the day of our garden wedding, surrounded by the grounding elements of nature, huddled beneath the shelter of leaves, caressed by the winds of the hills and basking in the uplifting smiles of loved ones, I felt immense joy; the joy of getting here, the pride of my enduring grit, the love of an impeccably patient partner, and the gratitude for everyone who came to share in our heartfelt moment.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment