I have been feeling very reflective lately.
Maybe it is because a big life change is coming. Imminently, it is coming.
Not all your wishes can be granted, I learnt this from about the age of 17, and again at ages 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26 (the years of yearning).
Sometimes, however, dreams make it through the needle loop.
With enough fate, serendipity, dreaming, happenstances, manifestation and dots-joining, sometimes life surprises you. 7 years in the making, brewing, striving, sweating and tearing, wishing upon star after star, after star, a day comes when reality converges with fantasy.
Will it brew into everything and more, or will it add a load to your shoulders, only time will tell.
After all, there is no time like the present.
If we do not grab a 7 year dream in this miracle moment, what would the 7 years of toil have ever been for?
As time becomes more and more a precious commodity, I ponder upon everyone around me, the human connections I've made, the friends and comrades with whom I have chanced.
I've always been so very lucky.
I've always been surrounded by people with gemstone hearts. At the age of 2, I found my childhood best friend. At the age of 5, I met a goofy friend who moved away 3 years later, with whom I happened to meet before my very eyes again (by utter chance) in college. At primary school, I met a girl with a tupperware bottle, she had a Chinese name but went by an English name later on in life. At age 11, I met a girl whose mom was a teacher, and she later went on to meet my childhood best friend separately and became best friends with her too. At age 13, I met my closest friend whose very being still pulls at my heart strings.
I was always surrounded by love. I was always loved. And I always loved.
Amidst my closest friendships, I met a zillion other people too. Poor people, rich people, kind people, people with disabilities, people with secrets in their closets, people with anxiety, musical people, people with big dreams, people who party, people who live for their religion, passionate people, warm people, giddy people, people who make me laugh, people who make me dream, people who turn life from shades of blue to warm shades of yellow, with tinges of amber too.
How lucky I am to have been along your path.
How lucky I am to have been by your side.
How lucky I am to have seen your smiles and felt your sorrows too.
The human experience is an oxymoronic encounter.
We are social beings. Introversion and social anxiety oppose that very statement, which is what I've waded through all my life.
But it is friendship that walks with you, grows with you, moves you, sways with you, and takes you to all the places you will go.
No comments:
Post a Comment